During the course of over 15 years as a New York licensed attorney, James H. Freeman has represented an array of entertainment clients (either directly or through his past law firms), including:
• Music Publishers
• Record Industry Associations
• Recording Artists
• Record Label
• Fashion Designers
• Visual Artists
• Personal Managers
• Sound Engineers
• Production Companies
• Recording Studios
• Nightclub /Restaurant Owners
• Day-to-day representation and counseling of various artists, record labels, music publishing companies, songwriters, music producers, nightclub owners, models, dancers and lifestyle brands.
• Successfully obtained dismissal of wrongful death lawsuit against famous rap artist for death of concertgoer due to criminal act of a third party.
• Successfully vacated default judgment against grammy award-winning artist in connection with alleged failure to appear at concert performance.
• Successfully represented model / television personality in contract dispute with her modeling and talent agency.
• Successfuly represented nightclub owner in partnership and trademark dispute against former partners who had unlawfully terminated him.
• Successfully represented the recording industry in its copyright infringement lawsuits against KaZaA and Napster P2P file-sharing services.
• Successfully defended professional, top-ranking athlete in lawsuit against former business manager.
• Successfully obtained dismissal of lawsuit against world-famous rap artist on grounds of an agreement to arbitrate.
• Successfully settled declaratory judgment action involving trademark infringement claim brought by a hotel spa / lifestyle brand.
Suing "American Idol"
Race Discrimination Lawsuit: (Andrews v. FremantleMedia, et al.)
Suing "The Twilight Saga"
Trademark Parody / Antitrust Lawsuit: (Between the Lines Productions vs. Lionsgate)
Artist Management Dispute: (Wallace vs. Smith, et al)
Suing "Jay Z / Roc Nation"
Copyright Co-Authorship Dispute: (Mahan vs. Roc Nation, et al.)